Skip to content
- Mongrels are mixed-breed dogs which have bred naturally and without any human intervention.
- Mongrels are generally sturdy and tend to have good immunity and high resistance power.
- Since Mongrels descend from parents of multiple breeds, it’s difficult to trace their ancestry.
- Mongrels are at times considered inferior to purebred dogs and are hence more affordable.
- Mongrels are also referred to as mutts or curs, sometimes in a derogatory sense.
- Mongrels come in a variety of colours, types, sizes and other physical characteristics.
- It is difficult to describe Mongrels as there is so much variation amongst them.
- They are generally healthy and sturdy dogs who don’t fall prey to illnesses often.
- Mongrels have their fans but usually people prefer intentional cross-breeds or purebreds over them.
- With proper training and care Mongrels can also be good family dogs and pets.
- Mongrels generally live for many years and are typically low maintenance dogs.